Telemedicine Indemnity Insurance and Medical Technology Coverage
Telemedical technology is changing the delivery of private and public healthcare.
Telemedical entities use a variety of electronic media including online, video and app-based consultations to provide care, treatment, advice and referrals for patients. With telemedicine already capturing 54% of the market in the US, it is anticipated that UK and Western Europe will follow by encouraging private companies in developing such platforms to relieve immediate pressure from front-line NHS services.
As an independent Broker at Lloyd’s we specialise in medical indemnity insurance, working with telemedicine and medical technology companies in placement of insurance in the UK. We are operated by doctors, for doctors – thus understand your insurance requirements and how we can add value to your telemedicine organisation, whether you are start-up or established.
We're Here to Help if You...
- Are unsure of the regulatory requirements for indemnity to operate a telemedical entity.
- Are a stakeholder, CTO, or developer seeking to best protect your medical technology business.
- Are unsure of the exposures and vulnerabilities for telemedical entities.
- Require expert advice in creating a bespoke policy that protects the entity against medical malpractice and other exposures.
- Require expert advice in producing a policy that also extends medical indemnity to the healthcare practitioners that are working on behalf of your telemedical entity.
- Want advice and consultation on indemnity requirements if you are offering advice, referrals, treatment and services.
- Require expert assistance in vetting healthcare practitioners to ensure that you are working with high quality and low risk practitioners.
- Require worldwide and international coverage of medical indemnity.
- Require assistance in investment and funding campaigns.
- Seek a close and personal relationship in your journey, with specialist industry guidance and support.
Our Objectives in Helping You
- To ensure that you have peace of mind, from start up, growth to expansion.
- To ensure that your company is in the best position to provide the best level of care and services to patients.
- Assisting you in deploying industry best practice for shareholder and investor retention.
- Ensure that your risk and exposures are minimised and removed in order to work alongside industry and regulators’ guidelines.
- To enable your contracted healthcare practitioners to provide treatment and care to their best of their abilities without having to worry about indemnity coverage.
- To assist with risk management to avoid any claims arising from negligence or poor operational aspects.
- To adapt to the changing needs of your company.
What We Will Do For You
- Bespoke coverage direct from Lloyd’s of London that include:
- Global Medical Indemnity coverage (with flexible limits up to £50m)
- Public Liability Coverage
- Run-Off Cover/Extended reporting coverage*
- Libel & slander cover
- Reputational damage cover
- Regulatory/Review board committee defences/representation (GMC)
- Data Protection coverage
- Cyber Coverage
- Fintech & Platform disruption cover
- International coverage
- Access to ServCare Union which includes:
- Employment Defence
- Full regulatory Defence
Benefits of working with Servca
High Quality Cover and Service We develop bespoke insurance solutions for our clients that are cost-effective and offer cover to protect our clients' interests, backed by 'A' rated insurers.
Contract-Certain Cover Unlike other providers, a policy from us will always protect you from negligence, covering you for any claim made during the active time of coverage, giving you complete piece of mind and security.
Market Comparisons We speak to all possible medical malpractice insurers and arrange a variety of quotes for you to consider so that you have different options to choose from.
Bound by FCA regulations and Treating the Client Fairly Everything we advise, do and commit to is regulated by the FCA and we obliged to always look out for the best interests of our clients.
No Excess In the vast majority of cases, you will have no excess to pay in the event of a claim.
Specialist Medical Indemnity Broker As pioneers in the healthcare liability insurance sector, we offer all our valued clients unrivalled advice and access to the world's largest insurance market (Lloyd's of London). Our Managing Director is a Medical Professional, so we fully understand your needs and tailor policies to suit you.