As an established medical indemnity and dental defence insurance broker, Servca offers bespoke professional indemnity for Dentists throughout the UK and EIRE. Whether you are a General Dental Practitioner (GDP) or a specialist Cosmetic Dental Practice, we create a bespoke and competitive solution – covering your legal obligations by the General Dental Council (GDC).
What is Dental Indemnity Insurance?
Dentists Professional Indemnity provides dental defence indemnity and insurance for professional negligence claims, or notifications received against a dental practitioner in the course of their professional duties. If a patient is seeking compensation for personal injury or illness as a result of the care you have provided, a dental defence insurance policy will provide cover for defence costs and any compensation awards up to the limit of indemnity purchased.
I operate a Dental Practice, do I still need Professional Indemnity?
Most Dental Practitioners will carry their own individual defence insurance. As specialist risk managers in the healthcare sector, we would still recommend that the Practice itself also consider an insurance policy for complete peace of mind, extending bodily harm and malpractice insurance to all dental practitioners, dental nurses and administrative staff.
In scenarios where a dentist’s insurance policy, or union membership, fails to respond to a claim, the Practice could find itself defending a significant compensation claim from it's own pocket.
Key Highlights of Dentist Indemnity Cover
- Self-employed Dental Practitioners or full Practice indemnity cover (Covering all Dentists, Nurses and Support staff)
- Bespoke policies for Dentists who have been declined cover by traditional Dental Defence Union (DDU, MDDUS or DDPU) due to previous claims or disciplinary actions
- Comprehensive Dental Union membership with ServCare Medical Union – offering dedicated support to dentist around employment, regulatory, claims and complaints.
- Flexible insurance, covering General Dental Practitioners, Dental Surgeons or Cosmetic Dentists
- Cover for Dental Nurses
- All policies approved for GDC registration and revalidation
- ‘A’ rated experienced insurers – backed by Lloyd’s of London
- Professional Indemnity from £500k to £50m
- Policies include Defence Costs, Libel & Slander and Breach of Professional Confidentiality
- Each policy is bespoke to your requirements. Pay only for what covers you require.