Specialist Medical Indemnity Insurance Tailored to Your Requirements
Medical Indemnity insurance (often known as Medical Malpractice) protects you against claims that arise out of professional negligence and breach of duty from the professional services, such as treatment and care that you have provided to patients.
We provide Medical Indemnity for a wide range of individuals, medical entities, and medical groups. Servca offers coverage that defends against claims such as (but not limited to): misdiagnosis, injury to patient, delays in referring patients, sexual harassment and mental harm of patients.
Whether or not you feel the claim is genuine or has merit, as a regulated medical professional, you must defend this claim and provide evidence where required.
You, the Insured
In the event where a patient has been admitted, but prematurely discharged and the events that follow outside of care result in further injury/sickness or have severe impacts on the patients’ health. A claim could be filed arguing had the patient remained in care for longer, the resulting impacts (for example, a stroke or heart attack) could have been reduced or prevented.
Mental Harm of Pateints
Where the treatment, or outcome of treatment, has affected a patient negatively, emotionally and/or mentally. If a patient feels your treatment has worsened any mental aliment, or has created one, a claim may be placed against you. Indemnity will help cover the costs of any legal fees, claims costs and possibly also any compensation costs claimed by the patient.
In the event of attention between patient and professional that is deemed professionally and socially inappropriate, the individual (patient) affected may file a sexual harassment claim against the medical professional. Indemnity helps protect you against the financial and reputational damage that results.
We cover medical professionals from negligence claims that have resulted in misdiagnosis of a patient. Claims arise where misdiagnosis has led to serious injury of a patient, severe healthcare issues or even death, where the individual(s) affected deem you personally liable.
Our medical indemnity policies cover injury of a patient in the event of a negligence claim. This means that if a patient receives treatment that causes an injury, or worsens an injury, and the patient finds you responsible our indemnity will protect you from
Patient Referral Delays
There are many claims our medical indemnity policies protect against and patient referral delays is one of them. A patient could file a claim against you if they feel their referral (that you as a professional have requested) has taken far too long, resulting in increased health issues or development of new health issues, causing emotional and psychical discomfort.
Medical Indemnity is a legal requirement for any medical professional working within the UK. Not only will our policies cover you across the UK, they include global USA coverage.
We're Here to Help if You...
- Need a policy that is tailored to your specific requirements.
- Are not happy or sure about the level of your current policy coverage.
- Are not certain about the minimum GMC or regulatory requirements for medical indemnity.
- Feel vulnerable on discretionary membership coverage.
- Haven’t got inclusive Run-Off cover.
- Are concerned that you are paying an unfair amount for your medical Indemnity.
- Do other private work that is not covered in your policy including; medico-legal reports, coroner’s inquest reports, mental health assessments etc.
- Need flexibility in payment options.
- Want someone available 24/7 to talk to and seek professional advice from.
- Require expert independent advice and consultancy.
- Have been declined indemnity elsewhere.
As an independent Broker at Lloyd’s, we specialise in the placement of medical indemnity insurance in the UK for hundreds of medical professionals each year. We are operated by doctors, for doctors – therefore understand your insurance requirements and how we can add value to you.
What Medical Professionals Do You Cover?
We are more than capable of placing a variety of medical professionals from specialist surgeons to medical students – whether your medical sector is niche or not we have the right resources to not only provide you with a quality quote, but a quote with your best interests in mind.
- Anaesthetists Insurance
- Cardiologist Indemnity Insurance
- Clinical Trial Insurance
- Complementary Therapists Insurance
- Cosmetic Insurance
- Dental Indemnity Insurance
- Dermatologist Insurance & Indemnity
- Distressed Risks & Cover Refused Elsewhere
- Indemnity & Insurance For Surgeons
- Locum Medical Indemnity (Individuals)
- Medical Entities & Group Medical Indemnity
- Medical Establishments
- Medical Practitioner Insurance
- Medical Students
- Medico Legal Insurance
- Ophthalmologist Indemnity Insurance
- Psychiatrist Indemnity Insurance
- Run Off Cover & Extended Reporting Periods
- Telemedicine & Medical Technology Insurance
- Urologists Insurance & Indemnity
Our Objectives in Helping You
- Give you peace of mind and remove stress of potentially be unrepresented in a legal claim or complaint.
- Ensure your financial stability by offering flexibility in payments.
- Minimize and remove any vulnerabilities you have in practice.
- Enable you to treat your patients with reassurance and confidence.
- Have someone by your side, during the good times and the bad.
- Help you grow as a medical professional.
- Provide you with flexible options to work, such as Out of Hours.
What we will do for you
- Create bespoke insurance solutions directly from Lloyd’s of London that include:
- Medical Indemnity coverage (with flexible limits up to £50m)
- Public Liability Coverage
- Run-Off Cover/Extended reporting coverage*
- Inclusive libel & slander cover
- Inclusive reputational damage cover
- Regulatory/Review board committee defences/representation (GMC)
- Data Protection coverage
- Risk management & Rehabilitation plans
- Advice & Consultations
- International coverage
- Access to ServCare Union which includes:
- Employment Defence
- Full regulatory Defence
- Regulatory guidance and support